With fall nearing an end, I ask you all … Is there really such a thing as having enough pumpkin recipes in this world?
I. think. not.
Pumpkin isn’t only seasonal, it can be a key ingredient to giving some of your guilty pleasure foods a healthy make over. My favorite cook books are my Hungry Girl cook books and she uses pumpkin for a TON of recipe make overs.
Tonight after dinner I made super delicious caramel pumpkin cupcakes that took 25 minutes tops and was ridiculously delicious.
It reminded me Amy’s AMAZING Fall Harvest Cupcakes… only guiltless!
I had to share.
For The Muffins:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup egg beaters (or other liquid egg substitute)
- 1/4 cup of sugar free pancake syrup
- 2/3 cup of water
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons Splenda
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
For The Icing
- 6 cubes of chewy caramel squares
- 4 teaspoons of Almond Breeze
For The Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wisk together all muffin ingredients (2-3 minutes)
- Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Spoon in mixture into pan
- Cook for 12-15 minutes
For The Icing
- Combine caramel squares and Almond Breeze in small bowl
- Heat for 30-60 seconds (til’ bubbly)
- Mix and drizzle over muffins
3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus® Points
Adapted from Hungry Girl’s- “Recipes and Survival Strategies for Guilt Free Eating”