Since this year we will be spending Easter in Maui, we have been making our rounds visiting our family this week for early Easter Celebrations.
In my mind, I had visions of making this adorable bunny butt cake I saw on Pinterest–
In reality? I just didn’t have time. That cake is adorable, but just looks like a lot of work . So we ended up visiting our local bakery and calling it a day.
Assuming you are like me and have good intentions and a lack time, I wanted to share a super simple easter dessert my Mother-in-law makes.
Easter Duckie Cupcakes
These little guys are always a big hit with the kids.
What you’ll need:
- Cake mix (and ingredients to make cake)
- Yellow food coloring
- White frosting
- Bag of Starburst
- Marshmallows (mini and full size)
- Blue gel-icing or any other small piping icing
- Make your cupcakes following the directions on your cake mix box
- Adding a few drops of yellow food coloring into your white frosting until you get the shade of yellow you want for your ducks
- When cupcakes are cooled, frost them with your yellow frosting
- Add a large marshmallow to the top of your cupcake fo the head
- Frost the large marshmallow with the yellow frosting
- Take the orange Starbursts out and cut them in half on a diagonal (this is your beek)
- With the corner pointing up, cut 1/2 way through your Starburst halves
- Place your been right at the bottom of the large marshmallow.
- Cut your mini marshmallows in 1/2 and use for the eyes.
- Create a blue eye color with decorating icing
I can totally see these cupcakes not just for Easter but for desserts at babyshowers and first birthdays too!
What do you think?