Today a few of my friends are Vegas bound for the weekend while I, on the other hand, am ortho-bound to have my little girl’s pallet expander installed– I know what you’re thinking, they are probably SO jealous of me.
Even though I couldn’t make this Vegas girls getaway, I did get to live vicariously through them by styling up a few outfits for the trip- which is always fun!
What to Wear to Vegas Without Showing Too Much Skin
I had so much fun putting these outfits together! Read on to see the outfits I created that are perfect for Vegas, but also don’t show off too much.
Above Sequin Chevron Sheath Dress here
Does this tiered choker not scream Vegas???
Style Me Britney
One of the things that sparked this whole trip was Britney Spears’ residency show at Planet Hollywood.
Is there anything more Vegas than Britney? Her music, her style– her abs– that we’ve all made and broke countless New Years resolutions to achieve (or maybe that was just me).
The Key to Fashion: Be You
The key to finding any perfect outfit is always to stay true to who you are. The friend I was shopping for is a 30-something, die-hard Britney fan– though her personal style– a little less skin-baring than Brit 😉
For her, Vegas style meant skipping some of those plunging necklines and super short hemlines and opting for something equally fab, sexy and sophisticated– and trust– sophisticated sin-city is a style that can absolutely be achieved!
My 9 No-Fail Vegas Style Tips
(that don’t require showing it all)
- Dark wash or black denim is always a safe option.
- Sequins are always in style in Vegas. Blazers, tops, dresses– there is something sequin out there for everyone.
- Leather and lace= sexy. If you aren’t a fan of leather pants or skirts, try working it into your look with accessories.
- A hot pair of heels are a must! Remember: platform=comfort. And heeled boots can look HOT when paired with a fancy dress!
- Dress up a simple top with flashy statement accessories.
- Jumpsuits can be just as sexy as short rompers and can go from day to night–find one you love and slay!
- Think about your favorite features (shoulders? legs?), the ones that make you feel most fab and then flaunt them!
- Cold shoulder tops make everyone’s arms look fab!
- When in doubt– black is your BFF for a perfect nightlife look.
Cold Shoulder Top Inspo
Sequin, Leather & Lace Inspo
More Fashion Tips
Fashion makes me smile! Read some more of my fashion articles to give you a little inspo for your next trip!