We are all still in the midst of our turkey-hangover, I know. I’m sitting here pondering how I will work off the Thanksgiving pounds before the holiday celebrations begin…um, next week (totally do-able. Plenty of time! ha!)
But no matter how stuffed we are, there’s always room for a lil rise and shine french toast, yeah? ….For the kids 😉
When it comes to all-day-breakfast foods, pancakes often reigns king, but, this house? French Toast is where it’s at– breakfast, dinner and ALWAYS brunch.
So with National French Toast day coming up (Nov.28), I thought I would share a yummy coconut banana french toast recipe hat landed in my inbox recently because–
1. It’s a quick and easy breakfast– just the way cooking should be because… time. Am I right?
2. It includes all of my personal faves– french toast, bananas and coconut
And well, let’s be honest, we are so over our turkey leftovers.
So go on with your bad self and feed that french toast addiction, my friends!
Easy-Peasy Coconut Banana French Toast
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 banana
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12+ slices bread
- 2 T Carrington Farms Coconut Oil
- Heat griddle and brush with coconut oil.
- Blend all ingredients except bread in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a shallow dish.
- Submerge each bread slice in mixture and place on griddle.
- Cook till golden brown, then flip over to cook other side.
- Serve with maple syrup & optional shredded coconut.